Hello you, we're thrilled to introduce you to the pottery wheel!
About the Experience
Try the wheel with no commitment! Come in and GET MUDDY! Take a spin on a pottery wheel and see how you like it! No license necessary.
The workshop is lead by an instructor who will help centre the clay and teach you tips & tricks. Make a bowl, tumbler or vase! Everyone has the opportunity to make up to 4 pieces. Go with the flow of the clay and get muddy.
Friday November 13th 6:30pm - 8pm SOLD OUT
Saturday November 14th 3:30pm - 5pm One Spot Left
Who is this class for?
No license is needed to test drive a pottery wheel. This workshop is intended for anyone 12 and up.
How long is the workshop?
What do I make?
There's lots you can make on the wheel and it's all fun! If this is your first time go with the flow of the clay. Everyone makes roughly 2-4 pieces of pottery. It can range from abstract vases to bowls, pet dishes or tumblers. We do not have a size restriction for height or width of your pieces!
How this workshop works
- Sign up online, over the phone or by visiting the studio.
- Day of: Dress for Mess! We recommend wearing clothes you can get muddy in. Think rainy day gardening muddy.
- Show up 5-15 minutes early. We promise we're friendly, there's lots to see in our studio PLUS sometimes there are dogs here!
- The teacher will demo the wheel and give you an overview as to how it works. They can be hands on and will help centre clay for you.
- Cleanup is a shared activity. Everyone lends a hand and is responsible for cleaning their space.
Is it your first time?
THAT IS AWESOME! We love sharing our love of clay and everything we've learned through years & years (and more years) of playing with clay. This workshop is fantastic for trying out the wheel and introducing yourself to pottery. If it's your first time or even second, don't put any pressure on yourself. Just have fun or get meditative and go with the flow of the clay. If you have questions about pottery before, during or after the class then please ask us!
Reminder: Practice makes a master. You may have seen lots of gorgeous handmade pieces you want to replicate or take inspiration from, but remember you don't see the 100s or 1000s of failed pieces those artists made. If this is one of your first times playing with clay focus on the experience and we'll all do our best to make sure you have a piece to be proud of to take home!
- Rings and wrist jewelry can make it hard to throw as well as long fingernails!
- DRESS FOR MESS! Or bring a change of clothes
There's a saying "nothing like pottery to teach you patience". We trim bisque fire, glaze & glaze fire your pieces for you. Pieces usually take 2-3 weeks. We email everyone when the pieces are ready for pick up. We fire according to size and best fit in the kiln. You pieces will be initialed so give yourself time to find them when you come!
Because we all want to create, but stay safe at the same time we have some new guidelines in place:
1) Keep your tools to yourself. Everyone will be given a sanitized set of tools at their station. Please keep them to yourself! For once sharing is not caring.
2) Dress for the mess! We can't provide aprons. If you would like to keep your clothes as clean as possible please bring a towel or apron with you, Extra points if it says "Kiss the Cook".
3) To maintain physical distance guidelines we've rearranged our classroom so everyone can create and be safe. You will each have your own station.
4) Please stay home if you are experiencing symptoms of Covid-19 or have been in contact with someone with Covid-19. We'll arrange for an alternate experience as a makeup for you.
5) Per sec.22 masks must be worn. We also have sanitized face shields available for all students who wish to have one. Sanitizer is at the entrance for your convenience!
We only allow up to 8 students in a class, so they fill up fast!
You can pay in full online or in person to hold your spot.
Explore you Creativity with Clay and Have Fun Getting Muddy!